What if we told you that businesses who invest in their employees through health and wellbeing programs, see a 25.3% decrease in sick leave absenteeism.
A study by www.healthierwork.act.gov.au looked at the economic return of worksite health programs. They found that those organisations that engaged in corporate health programs saw a huge decrease in employee sickness:
- Decreased sick leave absenteeism by 25.3%
- Decrease workers compensation costs by 40.7%
- Decrease disability management costs by 24.2%
- Saving of $5.81 for every $1 invested in employee health and wellbeing
How can eating a balanced diet support a healthier workplace?
- Heart Health: Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death in Australia with 18,590 deaths attributed to heart disease in Australia in 2017. Heart disease can lead to heart attacks, heart failure and stroke. Eating a diet low in saturated fat and high in fibre can reduce the risk of developing heart disease.
- Prevention of disease: Eating a well-balanced diet can prevent a variety of chronic disease such as diabetes and obesity. Encouraging your employees to eat a healthy diet that boosts their ‘good‘ cholesterol and reduces ‘bad‘ cholesterol will promote a healthier workforce.
- Immune System: Boosting your employee’s immune systems through a healthy diet will help to protect employees against colds and flus. The average worker takes 9.7 days of sick leave per annum and the annual cost of absenteeism to the Australian economy is thought to be in excess of $44 billion.
- Increased energy: Boosting Eating the correct amount of protein, fats and carbohydrate’s is known to boost energy levels. A lack of nutrients can cause employees to have decreased energy levels and lead to fatigue. Around 56% Australians have admitted to missing their morning meal at least once a week.
How can WFR help your workforce by improving their health?
WFR provide Riva, a 6-week nutrition and dietary challenge aimed at educating participants on the benefits of consuming certain foods and abstaining from others. The challenge includes cleansing the digestive system, improving energy levels, creating healthy eating, shopping, and cooking habits, and a reduction in health disease risk.
Participants will complete a three-stage process:
- Eliminate: A mild detox designed to give your liver a rest, cleanse the digestive system, and improve your health
- Rejuvenate: A focus on food variety and super foods to improve your energy, achieve digestive balance, and feel revived
- Balance: Create healthy eating, shopping and cooking habits in order to sustain a long-term healthy lifestyle
I completed the Riva detox journey his year. My two main goals were to reduce my high blood pressure and hopefully also lose some weight. Prior to starting the challenge, I was feeling tired and zonked out in the afternoons, I also felt my weight and health journey fluctuated throughout the years. Since coming off the program I have found my health and fitness journey has finally become a lifelong habit rather than a fleeting experience. The advice, tips and constant encouragement from Worksite Fitness was a great way to ensure I stuck to the program and it helped me reach my goals.
Michael Hukin, Tronox
The Riva Corporate Health Program includes:
- A comprehensive screening to ensure safe and effective participation
- Instructions on how to do the program
- Weekly e-newsletters with recipes, nutritional tips, and updates
Are you interested in taking part in the Riva Challenge which is commencing in February 2022? If so, please contact email@example.com for more information and to register.