Enter the new year feeling healthy, not heavy!
Can you relate to having a slightly larger waist-line when the New Year rolls around?
On average Australians gain 0.8-1.5kg over the Christmas period and research has shown that weight gained over the holiday period is rarely lost…
There are plenty of ways that you can enjoy the Christmas Cheer without entering the new year feeling lethargic and heavy…
- Avoid going hungry to parties, eat a light healthy snack before hand
- You dont need to taste EVERYTHING on the buffet table! Watch your portion sizes…
- Check out these healthy Christamas recipes from The Heart Foundation
ALCOHOL = CALORIES
- Stick to standard drinks: remember that a BIG glass of wine can be close to 2 standard drinks
- Say no to top-ups in order to keep track of consumption: finish one glass before starting another
- Alternate your drinks with one alcoholic drink with one non-alcoholic drink such as water, or try non-alcoholic drink recipes
GET OUTDOORS AND GET ACTIVE!
- Ask for a Christmas present that will help you to stay fit all year round – a Fitbit, group fitness vouchers, or a bike!
- Set yourself a challenge for the New Year: there are plenty of community fitness events such as Fun runs to enter or Ride for a Reason in Jan 2018
- Be a big kid! Get outdoors to enjoy the sunshine and join in on the games or sport your children play
For a health kickstart in your new year, join our Riva health challenge!